- LL.B., University of New Brunswick, Fredericton
- B.C.S., University of New Brunswick, Fredericton
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Personal Injury
John’s courtroom work ranges from personal injury files involving catastrophic injuries to complex medical malpractice actions to commercial disputes involving dozens of parties. He takes pride in the success of his clients.
In addition to his varied civil litigation practice, John advises corporate organizations on all matters. These organizations range from multinational groups to regional enterprises. He is routinely called upon to advise these clients in such areas as restructuring, refinancing, labour issues, and dispute resolution.
John also takes pride in his extensive IT background and the use of technology in his practice. The benefit to his clients is seen from documentary collection and processing, to discovery on e-data issues, and finally to efficient and effective presentation in the court room.
- Saint John Law Society
- New Brunswick Law Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Secretary, New Brunswick Citizenship and Immigration Law Section, Canadian Bar Association
- Chair (Alternate), Psychiatric Patient Review Board
- Member, Assessment and Planning Appeal Board
- Member, New Brunswick Wildlife Council
- J.D. Roy, J. Gillis, C. Fawcett. What Physicians Need to Know about the New Brunswick Personal Health Information Privacy and Access Act. Telehealth Law, (2010-11) 10.
- Rodney J. Gillis, Q.C., John Gillis. Bullet Proofing Your Witness, APTLA – Fundamentals of Litigation Conference, July, 2006.